Designed, developed and manufactured in Australia for the harsh conditions of all mining industries.
The MATOLAG has been develop for the easy application for in situ and pulley OEM installations.
The design and profile of the MATOLAG gives excellence in water drainage between the face surfaces on the pulley drum.
Reducing material build up was also a major design criteria for the MATOLAG; the profile of the MATOLAG reduces the buildup of foreign materials, which long term will reduce the cause of belt tracking and conveyor belt wear.
The MATOLAG is supplied in 6.5 metre rolls with a width of 250mm as standard; this reduces the wastage and allows easy stocking for all maintenance suppliers.
MATOLAG can be supplied in either natural rubber or FRAS for the underground mining industry as per AS 1334.10-1994.
For each production batch of MATOLAG ceramic lagging, quality assurance tests are carried out to confirm that the rubber ceramic, the rubber metal and rubber to rubber adhesion is maintained at the highest level.
Tests Carried Out
- Tests on rubber physical properties on every batch
- Test on ceramic tile properties on every batch
- Test on adhesion between the ceramic tiles and the rubber on every batch
- Test on the cold vulcanised adhesion on every batch of rubber
- Test on the hot vulcanised adhesion on every batch of bonding layer
- Aluminium Oxide 96% min
- Specific Gravity >3.7
- Hardness (Moh’s) >9t
- Tensile Strength (MPa) 20.0
- Comp. Strength (MPa) 200
- Flexural Modulus (MPa) 32.0
- CN Polymer blend
- Specific Gravity 1.43+/-0.05
- Hardness (Shore A) 65+/-5
- Tensile Strength (MPa) 12.0 min
- %Elongation 400% min
- Fire Resistant/Antistatic Pass AS4606 & MDG 3006
Co-efﬁcient of Friction
Co-efﬁcient of Friction
Rubber and FRAS Rubber Lagging
- To prevent material wear of expensive pulleys, and provide positive drive between the conveyor belt and the lagging’s surface.
- To remove excess water and keep a high level of co-efﬁcient of friction between lagging and conveyor belt.
- Easy replacement in-situ without removing pulley from the conveyor.
Advantages of MATO Pulley Lagging
- Available in Natural and FRAS grade rubber.
- FRAS testing as per AS 1334.10-1994, & AS 1334.9-1982.
- Supplied in 250mm strips x 6.5mtrs rolls to reduce wastage, and easy application.
- All strips of lagging are supplied pre-ground, both sides and base for better adhesion.
- Co-ordinated colour packaging between natural and FRAS for easy recognition.
Oval tiles with raised dimples
96% Aluminium Oxide tile material
Rubber compound blended CN polymers
Buffed back and edges
FRAS Fire Resistant Antistatic rubber
Low Sulphur rubber
Ceramic tiles bonded to rubber on 5 sides
– Improved belt grip and tracking
– Extreme wear resistance
– Outstanding adhesion to ceramic tiles, rubber and metal
– Improved adhesion
– Can be used in above or below ground applications
– Stable rubber hardness with age
– Resists tile cracking and pull out
Can be hot vulcanised to the pulley
Supplied in strip form 250 mm wide
Supplied in 6.5 metre roll
Tile pattern in 100 mm segments
– Best bonding to metal pulley shell
– Easy to install
– No waste (cost effective)
– Minimum stock required as one roll ﬁts all pulley widths
– To suit customer preference
– One product can be used on all pulley widths
– Allows adjustment of strip width to suit pulley diameter